How to change clock setting on MCUBoot?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change clock setting on MCUBoot?

anoja
Contributor II

I have a custom KV11Z128VLF7 on which I am using the internal clock with the details below:

name: BOARD_BootClockRUN called_from_default_init: true outputs: - {id: Bus_clock.outFreq, value: 4/3 MHz} - {id: Core_clock.outFreq, value: 4 MHz} - {id: LPO_clock.outFreq, value: 1 kHz} - {id: MCGFLLCLK.outFreq, value: 71.991296 MHz} - {id: System_clock.outFreq, value: 4 MHz} settings: - {id: MCGMode, value: FBI} - {id: MCG.CLKS.sel, value: MCG.IRCS} - {id: MCG.FCRDIV.scale, value: '1', locked: true} - {id: MCG.FLL_mul.scale, value: '2197', locked: true} - {id: MCG.IRCS.sel, value: MCG.FCRDIV} - {id: SIM.OUTDIV1.scale, value: '1', locked: true} - {id: SIM.OUTDIV4.scale, value: '3', locked: true}

I wanted to use the MCUboot bootloader on this device. Can someone help me with the configuration setting?
I have attached the bootloader source file for clock.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi anoja

Is there a special reason for you to want to set the clocks with this setup??? in the MCUboot there is a user_entry and a shutdown_cleanup. after it finished to flash the application, the bootloader then will set the MCU as default, and it will clean all the clocks.

Any case, I would not recommend to change the clock configuration in the source code, there is the BCA section that can be set to work in Highspeed and set some dividers to set the system clock. Please check the Kinetis Bootloader Reference Manual in the 2.3 BCA section:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/KBTLDR200RM.pdf 

Hope this helps

Best regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos