Does KBOOT come preloaded on the KL02, specifically MKL02Z32CAF4R?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does KBOOT come preloaded on the KL02, specifically MKL02Z32CAF4R?

vernshrauger
Contributor I

We have an application that has limited pinout accessibility.  Does the KL02 come preloaded with a bootloader so we are not required to program the first time with an SWD programmer?  The UART0 lines run external to our device.  We would like to program from KL02 from its 'virgin' state with KBOOT over UART0.  We want to avoid test points/pogo pin programming the 'virgin' parts or attempting to run SWD-CLK, SWD-DIO and RESET_b external and replacing their functionality with GPIO once programmed for the first time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vern Shrauger,

From the KBOOT: Kinetis Bootloader you can see that the KL02 is not in the list.

KBOOT.png

You can have a look at Kinetis MCU Programming.

The MCU Programming Center service supports customers who have finalized their production code pattern and who have chosen not to program their own code during the production cycle. It enables a customer’s unique software to be programmed directly onto products prior to shipment from the factory.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vernshrauger
Contributor I

Robin, Thank you for your note. I appreciate you believe the link in your

note indicates KL02 is supported or the development kit FRDM-KL02Z somehow

provides it. I posted this question because I did not find the KL02 listed

on this link.

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/kinetis-cortex-m-mcus/k-s...

The KL03 is listed, which is a different MCU in the family and K2-100 is a

different MCU all together. These are the closest matches I could find.

Could you please help me find the KL02 in this link or another? This

affects a hardware decision on our part.

Thanks,

Vern

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vern,

The KBOOT does not support preloaded on the KL02. And as far as I know KL02 is not in the roadmap of KBOOT.

So if you don't want to use "MCU Programming Center service". Then you might have to program bootloader through SWD interface then replacing their functionality with GPIO once programmed for the first time.

The KL03 has ROM bootloader (Preprogrammed in device ROM), about the bootloader it seems suit your needs.  
I am not sure if other function of KL03 meet your needs or not.

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos