ls1043ardb use sdk2.0 can't recognized nor flash in kernel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls1043ardb use sdk2.0 can't recognized nor flash in kernel

misakamikoto
Contributor III

Hi  I use sdk0.4 0.5 before and everything is ok,but now I have to change sdk to v2.0,when I have ported uboot and kernel code,I found the nor flash can't be recognized in kernel showing the message below

[    1.163198] of-flash 60000000.nor: do_map_probe() failed for type cfi_probe

[    1.170224] of-flash 60000000.nor: do_map_probe() failed

and I found it fail at cfi_qry_mode_on in cfi_probe.c  I'm so confused with this.Did someone meet this before?

Can you show some opinions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello misaka mikoto,

Please rebuild Linux kernel with the following options enabled.

CONFIG_FTL=y

CONFIG_MTD_CFI_BE_BYTE_SWAP=y

I attached my Kernel configuration file for you, you could use the following commands to rebuild Kernel itb image in SDK 2.0.

$bitbake virtual/kernel -c cleansstate

$bitbake virtual/kernel -c configure

Go the folder build_ls1043ardb/tmp/work/ls1043ardb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/build to use the attached configuration file to replace .config.

$bitbake virtual/kernel

$bitbake fsl-image-kernelitb

Have a great day,

Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

misakamikoto
Contributor III

Hi  I have solved this issue by myself as you mentioned due to wrong endian setting.I have debug this issue from cfi probe and check the id and QRY commands,finally I realize what it occured. Can you share how you debug this?

0 Kudos