LS1021A-IOT: QorIQ Linux SDK v0.4 no longer supported?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A-IOT: QorIQ Linux SDK v0.4 no longer supported?

jean-francoisri
Contributor I

Earlier this year (around March 2016), our team have been able to successfully use the v0.4 SDK to build a slightly tweaked version of U-Boot for the LS1021A-IOT. I've been tasked to apply another set of modifications to U-Boot, but it looks like this version of the SDK is no longer working. It relies on a few hardcoded URLs to a Freescale server (e.g. http://sw-stash.freescale.net/scm/dnnpi/ls1-uboot.git) that is no longer in service. I attached the build log, because for some reason, Paste is not working in my browser on this website...

So more precisely:

1. How come "sw-stash.freescale.net" was working and now doesn't?
  2. Is v0.4 still the official SDK version to build for LS1021A-IOT?
  3. If not, which one must I use?

Original Attachment has been moved to: build.log.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

wilkxt
Contributor I

Hi

Unfortunately not

0 Kudos

wilkxt
Contributor I

Hi

Where I find  "LS1021A-IoT Rev B Gateway Reference Design SDK Source ISO"? On NCP website it is unavilable.

Maybe someone has in the archives? 

0 Kudos

rajan_soni
Contributor I

Hi Tomasz,

Have you found "LS1021A-IoT Rev B Gateway Reference Design SDK Source ISO" yet? I also tried looking on NXP website with no luck.

Rajan

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP offers SDK Linux BSP for the LS1021a-IOT board. This BSP is available on the LS1021a-IOT page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/qoriq-arm-processors/qori...

Find the LS1021A-IoT Rev B Gateway Reference Design SDK Source ISO on this page. Size of this file is 7.5 GB.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jean-francoisri
Contributor I

Then we are talking about the same thing. In other words, what I was saying earlier is that a perfectly fine installation of the SDK was used to successfully build a slightly tweaked version of u-boot back in March 2016, but the same installation used a few days ago is now failing. I even managed to reproduce with a brand new installation of the same SDK! This is what happened:

1. I installed the SOURCE part of the SDK only and ran the installation script.
  2. I kicked a build of fsl-image-minimal, which took several hours.
  3. I made a changes to u-boot and rebuild u-boot, following the instructions in the SDK, section 2.2.1.
  4. Then this morning, I made some more changes and tried to simply run: $ bitbake -c compile u-boot
    I got a message saying that "221 tasks out of 221 did not need to run", which strongly suggested that somehow bitbake did not detect my changes.
  5. So I ran: $ bitbake -c cleanall u-boot
    To my dismay, this time, it removed the whole tmp/work/ls1021aiot-fsl-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-ls1/2014.07-r0/git/temp, including my recent modifications.
  6. Then I tried: $bitbake -c patch u-boot
    But this is now failing the same way as for our old installation: trying to fetch u-boot-ls1 from some Git repository on sw-stash.freescale.net. This server was probably decommissioned, because it no longer is recognized as a host name.

In summary, a normal, documented workflow has a chance to cripple a working SDK installation and even worse destroying the work of developers. Concerning the "clean" command erasing my local u-boot modifications, it's pretty lame, but I can work around that. But what are your plans concerning the fetch-from-unknown-server issue?

0 Kudos

justineno
Contributor II

When installed, the SDK contains a local mirror of the u-boot repository (and all other sources):

>$ ls -d Freescale-Linux-SDK-for-LS1021A-IOT-Rev2-v0.4-20150907-yocto.iso/sources/git2/sw-stash.freescale.net.scm.dnnpi.ls1-*
>...

>Freescale-Linux-SDK-for-LS1021A-IOT-Rev2-v0.4-20150907-yocto.iso/sources/git2/sw-stash.freescale.net.scm.dnnpi.ls1-uboot.git
>...

When you run a "cleanall", it will delete the local mirror:

>$ bitbake -c listtasks u-boot
>...
>do_clean                       Removes all output files for a target
>do_cleanall                    Removes all output files, shared state cache, and downloaded source files for a target
>do_cleansstate                 Removes all output files and shared state cache for a target

>...

Then you will be stuck since the original download servers are gone, as you noted.  The solution is to restore the local mirror (e.g., via re-installation), and never run cleanall.

I learned this one the hard way, too.  Good luck.

0 Kudos