Compare bare metal built by CodeWarrior and Realtime Edge (LS1046ARDB)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare bare metal built by CodeWarrior and Realtime Edge (LS1046ARDB)

Jump to solution
Chanh
Contributor III

Hi all,

From what I searched, we can build the bare metal program from Code Warrior IDE, or using Realtime Edge Uboot. May I know what is the difference between these two grograms? (e.g. in terms of performance / BSP package / peripheral access ready / etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Realtime Edge BareMetal application is based on u-boot, the directory “app” in the U-boot repository includes the test cases for testing the I2C, GPIO and IRQ init features, QSPI, Ethernet, USB, PCIe, CAN, . You can write actual applications and store them in this directory.

CodeWarrior only provided a simple hello world program. The main function of CodeWarrior is used for debugging.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chanh
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

May I know with CodeWarrior, if the board support package is available for LS1046A? Is it possible to use CodeWarrior as the main development environment for bare-metal program?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It is possible to use CodeWarrior as the main development environment for bare-metal program.

0 Kudos
Chanh
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

May I know if NXP already provides all necessary BSP (e.g. ISR, PCIe, GPIO, etc) for the development of bare metal in CodeWarrior?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No BSP is provided.

0 Kudos
Chanh
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

Got it, thanks for your information.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Realtime Edge BareMetal application is based on u-boot, the directory “app” in the U-boot repository includes the test cases for testing the I2C, GPIO and IRQ init features, QSPI, Ethernet, USB, PCIe, CAN, . You can write actual applications and store them in this directory.

CodeWarrior only provided a simple hello world program. The main function of CodeWarrior is used for debugging.

0 Kudos