LPC USB Serial I/O Library

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction

The LPC USB serial I/O (LPCUSBSIO) is a generic API provided to PC applications programmer to develop applications to communicate with serial I/O devices connected to LPC micro-controller. LPCUSBIO library converts all API calls into USB messages which are transferred to LPC micro-controller, which in turn communicates with serial devices using I2C, SPI and GPIO interfaces. To make the USB device install free on host systems LPCUSBSIO uses USB-HID class as transport mechanism. HID class is natively supported by most commercially available host operating systems. 

Architecture

The framework uses HID_API , a multi-platform library which allows an application to interface with USB HID-Class devices on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

The following figure shows how the components of the system are typically organized. The PC/Host may be desktop/laptop machine or an embedded system. The LPC micro-controller and the I2C device would usually be on the same PCB. The LPC micro-controller will operate in I2C master mode. All the I2C device connected to the bus should have unique address on bus. I2C devices that support configurable addresses will have pins which can be hard-wired to give a device an appropriate address; this information may be found in the datasheet of the I2C device chip.

LPCUSBSIO Architecture

LPCUSBSIO Architecture

Attachments
100% helpful (1/1)
Version history
Last update:
‎08-02-2017 09:15 AM
Updated by: