cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpcxpresso: redlink server does not support nxp 2378

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by smachell on Wed Feb 19 14:28:43 MST 2014
Just ported a project from IAR to LPCXpresso. Saw notes that Segger J-Link is not supported and I should get a LPC-LINK2.
So my LPC-LINK2 just arrived - when I tried to debug it never downloaded new code like the notes seemed to indicate.
In the Debugger settings I tried LPC-LINK(WinUSB), LPC-LINK, and Redlink Server.
Redlink Server seems to be the one that sort of works (it never downloaded any firmware to LPC-LINK2).

What is more disturbing is the message I get: Redlink Server does not support NXP 2378
Bummer because my target has a an LPC2378.

Does that mean I'm screwed as far as the LPC-LINK2 goes.
Does it mean I have to buy a more expensive Redlink Red Probe+ or will that not work with LPC2378 ARM7 either?

Why can't you support J-Link. I have two of them in my office. Heck even Freescale Codewarrior works with them.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Feb 19 15:42:01 MST 2014
Correct, as per http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/lpc-link2-support, we don't support LPC2000 families with LPC-Link2. To debug ARM7 based parts with LPCXpresso IDE you need to use either

[list]
  [*]an LPC-Link (i.e. a separated LPCXpresso (v1) board), or
  [*]a Red Probe+
[/list]

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos