cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Invalid project Path

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Wed May 05 07:48:26 MST 2010
Hello,

How to delete routes that are not in use?
[IMG]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/510/invalidpath.jpg[/IMG]

"Delete"  button is not active.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Thu May 06 11:18:11 MST 2010

Quote: igorsk
On my Windows 7 LPCXpresso offers and uses a user-specific folder (something like C:\Users\<username>\Documents\lpcxpresso). I wonder if your LPCXpresso is being run as an administrator for some reason. Have you perhaps modified the startup shortcut, e.g. to troubleshoot debugging problems?

No, I just used fresh  installations. Install as an  administrator, I test the IDE, and then try to use the IDE as normal  user.

That's all.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by igorsk on Thu May 06 10:34:57 MST 2010
On my Windows 7 LPCXpresso offers and uses a user-specific folder (something like C:\Users\<username>\Documents\lpcxpresso). I wonder if your LPCXpresso is being run as an administrator for some reason. Have you perhaps modified the startup shortcut, e.g. to troubleshoot debugging problems?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Thu May 06 08:35:24 MST 2010

Quote: CodeRedSupport
It *is* fully multi-user.

The problem you are experiencing is one of file permissions. If you try to open a workspace created by a different user *Windows* prevents it being opened. You will have the same problem if you tried to use Notepad to open a file created by another user.

It [COLOR=Red][B]is not[/B][/COLOR] fully multiuser.

The problem is that LPCXpresso always tries to open the workspace administrator:

* No matter if you are as a normal user.
    * No matter if you have selected "Use this as the default and do not ask again."
    * No matter if you delete the workspace preferences.
[IMG]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/6576/workspaces.jpg[/IMG]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed May 05 23:50:22 MST 2010
It *is* fully multi-user.

The problem you are experiencing is one of file permissions. If you try to open a workspace created by a different user *Windows* prevents it being opened. You will have the same problem if you tried to use Notepad to open a file created by another user.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Wed May 05 12:46:58 MST 2010
I  deleted the directory "org.eclipse.cdt.make.core" and was recreated by  Eclipse.
---

Another "feature" of Eclipse is that  apparently is not fully multiuser.

The  non-administrator user has problems starting the IDE:
"Workspace in use or cannot be created, choose a different one.

[B][COLOR=Red]Use this as the default and do not ask again.[/COLOR][/B]" (It does  not work as normal user).

I  solved the problem by selecting the workspace as an administrator, but  using the normal user's path, then using the IDE as normal user.

Thank you.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed May 05 08:55:52 MST 2010
This is a 'feature' of Eclipse.
To manually fix the   file you need to rename/delete the   file:
<your_workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/<projectname>.sc

I would suggest you:
1. Shut down LPCXpresso IDE
2. Rename the file to something else
3. Restart LPCXpresso

The file should be rebuilt when LPCXPresso is restarted. If everything is OK, you can delete the file that you renamed.

An alternate method would be to export you project(s), create a new workspace and import the project(s).
0 Kudos