cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing one project from another not functioning properly

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by robert hulsebos on Wed Mar 23 06:42:29 MST 2016
Have 2 projects, project A and project B. Project A has 2 build configurations, 'Debug' and Release'. Project B has 3 build configurations, 'Debug', 'Release' and ReleaseBU'.
The ReleaseBU configuration of project B has a dependency on the Release configuration of project A.
So I use the Properties | C/C++ General | Paths and Symbols | References tab options to define the reference for ReleaseBU. (and only for ReleaseBU!)
Now, when I build project B:
1. Debug configuration => all OK. No dependencies.
2. Release configuration => all OK. No dependencies.
3. ReleaseBU configuration => all OK. Builds Release of project A first, as expected.

So all fine and as expected...

However, when I next build the Debug configuration of project B again, there suddenly is a dependency on Release of project A. Same for building Release configuration of project B. If I look at Properties | C/C++ General | Paths and Symbols | References tab there are no such references. The only reference mentioned is still for ReleaseBU, as expected. So it seems a dependency bug was introduced by building ReleaseBU. The bug is persistent - closing and re-starting LPCXpresso does not resolve it.
When I look at Properties | C/C++ General | Project References there now is a general reference to project A that was not there before. Clearing this reference seems to temporarily resolve the issue, but only until ReleaseBU is build again. It looks like their is an automatic relations ship between the references on the References tab and the references in Project References menu.

Note: This was initially detected and tested with LPCXpresso v8.1.4 - on v7.9.2 the same problem was reproduced. So it is not something that has been introduced with v8.1.4.

Anybody experiencing the same problem? Is there a workaround for this bug?
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sun May 15 09:37:34 MST 2016
Sorry, I think we would need to see an example set of projects that show up the issue to be able to comment.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by robert hulsebos on Thu May 12 02:09:09 MST 2016
Nobody experiencing the same problem?

May be it is also related to this earlier Eclipse issue about 'two UI captains on the same ship', see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=317162
Although they are mentioning the situation was confusing back then with CDT 7, I wonder if this has ever (properly) fixed in CDT 8 or later. I still see two captains and they don't seem to work together very well..
LPCXpresso support: can you please confirm this is an Eclipse issue and not something that was introduced by NXP?
0 Kudos