cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1343 USB Linker Script Modification

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Fernando on Sun Jan 23 16:08:56 MST 2011
Hello, I´m having a problem with the modification of the linker script to reserve the USB Endpoint RAM.
I´m following the instructions from the NXP application note AN10904, but i can´t compile the code.
I copied the files from the example inside a folder called "ld" situated in the root of the workspace directory (just as in the example).
Then, i put in the Project Properties->MCU Linker -> Target ->Linker Script = "../ld/usb_bufer.ld"

After I try to buil the code,i get this error: "cannot open linker script file ../ld/usb_bufer.ld: No such file or directory"

I´ve tried to put the linker files in another folder, but i get the same error.

Can anybody tell me what am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Fernando
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Fernando on Mon Jan 24 04:00:54 MST 2011
Thanks for the answer.

Zero, it was a mistake. I wrote it wrong here, but I wrote it fine in the IDE.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Jan 24 00:50:19 MST 2011
In fact, if you are using LPCXPresso 3.6.x (or 3.8.x for Linux), then you should be able to accomplish the reserving of RAM for the USB ROM driver without modifying the linker script at all. Simply declare a new variable:
#include <cr_section_macros.h> 
__BSS(RESERVED) char USB_driver_memory[0x180] ;
For more details see:
  http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/EnhancedManagedLinkScripts

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sun Jan 23 21:05:07 MST 2011
This error message is clear: your file can't be found :)

So either it's in a wrong folder or it's an ugly typo somewhere.

AN10904 describes a file called 'usb_buffer.ld', you are writing 'usb_bufer.ld' :confused:

Is this a typo?
0 Kudos