How to flash permanently LPCXpresso1769?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash permanently LPCXpresso1769?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by robert.berger on Mon May 23 10:14:09 MST 2011
Hi,

I am able to compile and flash the LPCXpresso1769 through the Code Red IDE using the debugger.
When I disconnect from the debugger the software is supposed to be still inside the processor, it's just not running without the debugger attached. I would like something that runs stand alone.
Is it just a matter of building a non debug version and flashing it?

Regards,

Robert
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by atomicdog on Mon May 23 11:26:46 MST 2011
Another way is to click on the 'program flash' icon on the toolbar.
Or right click on the AXF file and go to 'binary utilities'->'program flash'
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Mon May 23 10:52:05 MST 2011

Quote: jharwood
Are you sending debug messages to the console via semi-hosting?  If so, this will cause your application to hang when the debugger isn't connected.

If you are not using semi-hosting disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable usually will reset the board and the program will run.  Even if it is a debug version of the program.  Note Rob65's post as what he mentioned is a caveat.

There is a post somewhere on the forum by CodeRedSupport that shows a setting in the IDE to allow the program to continue to run after the debug session is exited.  I have that set in my IDE and it works.  I don't know where that setting is anymore.:o:)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jharwood on Mon May 23 10:39:26 MST 2011
Are you sending debug messages to the console via semi-hosting?  If so, this will cause your application to hang when the debugger isn't connected.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rob65 on Mon May 23 10:24:59 MST 2011
Hm,

that should just work ...
Except when you pull the ISP enable pin low (P2.10).
If that pin is pulled low during reset, your code will not run - instead the boot rom will stop in ISP mode.

I am of course assuming that you are using the standard LPCXpresso environment. This will place your code in Flash.
Easy to see; run your program and break somewhere in the code. A low address < 0x20000000 points to Flash.

Rob
0 Kudos