cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeerappanP
Contributor I

Hi,

In our project we need to interface AD9364 RF Agile Transceiver to controller.

AD9364 use parallel data interface and clock signal and control signals to transfer data from AD9364 to Controller and to transfer data from controller to AD9364 clock is controlled by controller. So please suggest any controller to interface AD9364.

Thanks 

Regards

Veerappan P

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @VeerappanP 

I reviewed this datasheet:

AD9364

The datasheet afirm that the AD9364 supports SPI communication.

Almost every MCU supports this protocol, here are some examples.

LPC80x

KL2x

Please make sure to verify all the specifications needed for the AD9364 and let me know any other specification you need.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

VeerappanP
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply,

In our project we use AD9364 RF Agile Transceiver, SPI protocol is used to control the AD9364 and for data transmission between AD9364 and microcontroller they use parallel data transmission. While transferring data from AD9364 to Microcontroller clock is controlled by AD9364. similarly while transferring data from Microcontroller to AD9364 clock is controlled by Microcontroller. So we need a controller to interface this AD9364.

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @VeerappanP 

The SPI peripheral can be configured as master or chip device, for example, on the KL25Z reference manual chapter 37.3.1 SPI control register 1 (SPIx_C1), you will find:

Miguel04_0-1691171634605.png

Any MCU with the SPI peripheral should work for your application.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

VeerappanP
Contributor I

But, I need SPI plus Parallel communication protocol like Universal Parallel Port supported microcontroller. Is you mentioned Microcontroller support uPP or similar protocol ?

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @VeerappanP 

Sorry we do not have a MCU that can use directly the Universal Parallel Port, however, the i.MX RTs has a module called flexIO that can replicate protocols, you can have a look into it if you want.

i.MX RT1170

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos