cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is __int64 ?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by khfreiberg on Wed Nov 28 11:20:24 MST 2012
I am using Eclipse and it complains that uint64_t is undefined.
I found the definition in 'stdint.h'. But it uses '__int64'. So I searched in my uVision V4.60 environment and even uVision tells me that it is undefined. But it compiles due to some magic.
Can somebody introduce me to this magic?
Looks like it works fine, but I would like to remove these error marks from my editor.
Appreciate that, thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by somehowyellow on Thu Nov 29 05:47:35 MST 2012
Hi there,

I had the same problem, when I started using eclipse.
To get rid of all errors simply go to "Project Properties"->"C/C++ General"->"Paths and Symbols"->"Symbols"->"GNU C". There you add the following symbols:
1. Name: __GNUC__          Value: 0
2. Name: __have_long32     Value: 1
3. Name: __have_longlong64 Value: 1
4. Name: __TIMESTAMP__     Value: ""

Then refresh the project and rebuild the index. The errors should be gone now
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by starblue on Thu Nov 29 05:17:16 MST 2012
__int64 is supported directly by the compiler:

http://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/armccref/armccref_cjaifebg.htm

You can work around this with a suitable #define for Eclipse,
like for other issues with unknown keywords.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by khfreiberg on Wed Nov 28 17:12:05 MST 2012
Thanks,
I'll do that.
But when I am in uVision and go to __int64 and press 'Go To Definition', then uVision should know where to search. Looks like the uVision editor doesn't know the compiler search path. But these inconsistencies are probably part of the learning curve when going to e new environment ;-))
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by arshs on Wed Nov 28 12:30:53 MST 2012
Hi:

In uVision, most likely your project already includes the following folder: C:\Keil4\ARM\RV31\INC where the stdint.h header file is located.

See the Compiler Control string in the "Options for Target" dialog window, C/C++ tab. You need to scroll down to see all the libraries that are included by default in the project.

Regards,

Alex R.
0 Kudos