cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to program LPCXpresso 55S28 via USB1 HS with Flash Magic

Jump to solution
craigmcqueenir
Contributor IV

I have been able to program an LPCXpress 55S28 board using Flash Magic through the UART, but unable to do so through USB1 (high speed).

I can see the USB interface appear in Flash Magic. I can read the signature. But I can't program it. The error is

LPC55S28 (USB, LPC5500) Operation Failed. (programming - failed to send data to the device)

I have tried it with both Flash Magic 13.50 and 13.61, both unsuccessful.

This person seems to have encountered this too, several years ago, without resolution:

LPC55S28 (USB, LPC5500) Operation failed

Another person has reported a similar error with LPC55S69:

LPC55S69 Not Programming through USB

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @craigmcqueenir 

I tested on my side, yes, there is issue with Flash Magic.

You can use MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool to program, I took a video about steps, please see my attachment.

Download tool from:
https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-s...   

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @craigmcqueenir 

How about program a simple led_blinky image? If still failed, take a screenshot about your steps.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
craigmcqueenir
Contributor IV

As I said, I am able to program my application into the processor using Flash Magic via UART. But not via USB. So I don't think I need to try the led_blinky image, since I have verified my own application is fine via UART.

I will endeavour to provide screen shots as soon as I can collect them.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @craigmcqueenir 

I tested on my side, yes, there is issue with Flash Magic.

You can use MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool to program, I took a video about steps, please see my attachment.

Download tool from:
https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-s...   

BR

Alice

jasonz2021
Contributor I

@Alice_Yang 

Hi Alice,

can you help check if the Secure Provisioning tool works when USB1 is  configured as full speed mode?

also,  please provide instructions on how to configure the USB full speed mode in Provisioning tool.

0 Kudos
craigmcqueenir
Contributor IV

Thanks. I haven't tried it yet, but I see it uses blhost to do the writes. I have successfully used blhost to write the Flash of the LPCXpresso 55S28 board via its USB1.

It would still be good if the problem with Flash Magic could be fixed.

0 Kudos