Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Stack LPC43xx and Camera

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ahmed13 on Tue Jun 03 08:16:23 MST 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm an owner of a LPC43xx - MCB4300 board, and I want, as a first step, to use a camera as a webcam through USB on my board.
I want the camera to take a snap and send it through USB to the PC.
I've read a lot about Cameras, USB class, descriptors, and so on, I've also seen the LPCOpen which provide some USB examples based on the LPCUSBLib, usbd rom.

I would like to know if there is any example code on virtual camera using USB, any example using camera like webcam with LPC18xx/LPC43xx or if someone would have any hint, it would be grateful.

Thank you,

Regards,
Ahmed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kwerner on Thu Oct 01 09:10:21 MST 2015
Hi,

I wrote the USB Descriptors for a USB Video Device for my Thermal Camera project. I used the LPC1768, but the relevant code should be portable without major changes.

You can find the code here : https://bitbucket.org/konstantin_werner/leptonusbvideo

The descriptors are in /usb/usbdesc.c, the UVC handler functions are in /usb/video/videouser.c.

See the readme for some hints on how to get data from the device under Linux.

Best regards

Konstantin
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rboldu on Wed Jul 22 20:50:04 MST 2015
Did you solve it?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ahmed13 on Wed Jun 04 00:20:43 MST 2014
Hi TheFallGuy,

Thank you for your answer, however, I've already seen this AN, and the 2 others provided by LPC on camera interface, the fact is they just explain how to send data from camera to SRAM using SGPIO etc.. to LCD.

What I want is doing the same without LCD and then send the snap through the USB to a PC.
I'm looking for examples on the "USB" part, to see how descriptors are configured for sending snaps or video etc..

Thank you very much,

Regards,
Ahmed

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Tue Jun 03 08:39:50 MST 2014
Maybe this helps?
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/an11365-sct-camera-interface-design-lpc1800-and-lpc4300
0 Kudos