cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART using ring buffer for both Tx/Rx

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vijay_nav on Tue Jun 17 05:12:09 MST 2014
Hai
      I am using LPC812 board connected with uart using rs232 . Now i want to print some data in cute com display screen using uart_rb.c code .After flashing  i am able to see the text displayed on the screen LPC8xx UART example using ring buffers "Press a key to echo it back or ESC to quit after that if i press  key in keyboard  but i am not able to see key pressed in the keyboard on the cutecom screen.please tell me solution how to print some text in cutecome using uart.This is the code i have flashed.

Original Attachment has been moved to: uart_rb.c.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxp_apps on Fri Jun 20 12:21:41 MST 2014
Hi,

The problem could be related to the potentiometer on the LPC812 LPCXpresso board where it can add an offset to the signal on the PIO0_0 (RX) pin, which will cause the communication to fail if the pot is set either to high, or to low. If you keep it in the middle, it should work. Or better, you can remove the R55 resistor or POT if you don’t plan on using the comparator input on the LPC800.

Thanks.

nxp_support
0 Kudos