cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Printed Using SWIM is Horizontally Flipped

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Safwan Ahmad on Wed May 16 11:30:24 MST 2012
hello

i am using LPC3250 Developer’s Kit from Embedded Artist. And NXP CDL library to develop applications. Recently I tried the SWIM library to display text on the LCD. I used the swim_put_text() function to display text but the text that is appearing on the LCD is horizontally flipped.

I used the display initialization part of lcd_colorbars program for initialization of LCD. So I am not sure about the LCD settings.

Please tell me about the possible reason for this.

Thanks

Safwan Ahmad
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Safwan Ahmad on Thu May 17 11:36:52 MST 2012
hello

I tried to draw a line using the SWIM function swim_put_line(&win1, 0,0,240,320). The line gets drawn from the top right of the LCD to the bottom left.
Also individual letters in the text are flipped horizontally. And the text is printed right to left. Does it provide any clue? I could not find any configuration
related to mirroring or RTL display as you mentioned.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Wed May 16 14:50:49 MST 2012
I've seen this before - it's probably a case of the LCD being configured in a horizontal 'mirrored' rendering mode.
For your code, examine the data sent via SPI(?) to the LCD. Once of those bits in one of the register is probably not configured for the correct horizontal direction.
AT last check, the init code for the display worked correctly for the LCD setup.
You can examine the LCD initialization code here: http://git.lpclinux.com/?p=linux-2.6.34-lpc32xx.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm/mach-lpc32xx/ea3250.c;h=6eceec...

0 Kudos