Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Power Outage LPC1857

Jump to solution
rubensjunior
Contributor IV

Hi friends,

I would like to know how it is possible to save the value set for a variable in flash memory moments before a sudden shutdown of the LPC1857 microcontroller's power supply.

Thanks a lot!

Rubens Júnior

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suppose that you can connect a large bypass capacitor on the 3.3V power supply pins, the LPC1857 has BOD, which can detect the power supply voltage, when the voltage is less than a threshold which is programmable, the BOD will fire an interrupt, in the BOD ISR, you can write the important data to on-chip EEPROM or flash. Because large capacitor is connected, it can keep a long time so that the data can be written reliably.

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

3 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suppose that you can connect a large bypass capacitor on the 3.3V power supply pins, the LPC1857 has BOD, which can detect the power supply voltage, when the voltage is less than a threshold which is programmable, the BOD will fire an interrupt, in the BOD ISR, you can write the important data to on-chip EEPROM or flash. Because large capacitor is connected, it can keep a long time so that the data can be written reliably.

BR

XiangJun Rong

rubensjunior
Contributor IV

Dear @xiangjun_rong,

Please can you help me to find code examples with BOD implementation for LPC1857?

Best regards,

Rubens Júnior

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not get the BOD example for the LPC1857, but there is BOD example in the LPCOpen package for the LPC4088, pls refer to it.

xiangjun_rong_0-1686706642216.png

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos