Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up both I2S0 and I2S1 using the DMA on LPC4330

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by neil_bs on Tue Jul 02 03:11:27 MST 2013

Hi there,

I am currently attempting to set both the I2S channels, triggering off the PLLAudio and using the DMA.

I have I2S0 working fine, however I am experiencing some confusion when adding I2S1.

Questions are a plenty -

* Firstly, as I'm using the 4330, is this possible to have both I2S0 and IS21 functioning off the  PLLAUDIO, using the DMA controller?

* I assuming that (as I'm using the 4330) I need to set I2S1 as a slave, is this correct?

Before I delve into too much detail, I'll post this and hopefully this will start off the thread,

many thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CrossFX on Wed Sep 04 14:24:14 MST 2013
I'm interested too!
0 Kudos

definium
Contributor II

I would be too. I have both I2S ports running in interrupt mode at 44.1KHz sample rate just fine it seems but I need to run at 192KHz and I think DMA will be needed. I did figure out how to use the audio PLL to sety the master clock of the I2S ports to 24.576MHz finally. The user manual is a little lacking (or incomplete) in that area.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by avr458 on Thu Aug 22 22:52:17 MST 2013

Quote: neil_bs
Hi Again!

Problem solved!

I have now got both i2s channels working with the DMA controller.

For reference, with using the 144pin LQFP144 I found setting I2S0 TX to master, with the RX and I2S1 to slave worked.

The main problem was the lack of support for I2S1 in lpc43xx_gdma.c ... This was easy to implement and I'll be more than happy to post the source here for anyone that finds themselves in the same boat.

Hopefully the powers to be will read this post and address the issue for the next release.

Regards, Neil

I'd love to have that source code if you don't mind. I will be setting up an LPC4337 on a new design where I will need both I2S port simultaneously.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by skippers75 on Thu Aug 22 08:25:21 MST 2013
Hi,

I was wondering if you could share the your working code with me. I am trying to figure out I20 and I21 using DMA for LPC4330.  I hope we are on the same page.  My understanding is that I20 and I21 are the TX and RX of the audio input and output.

Any thing I need to configure will be appreciated.  Not a expert user on this yet so need some guidance.  Trying to get audio input into an array via the DMA for some signal processing.

Let me know if you are willingly to share you codes or any place I could grab your working code.  Have a nice day and Thanks in advance!

Edmund
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by neil_bs on Fri Jul 26 02:12:00 MST 2013
Hi Again!

Problem solved!

I have now got both i2s channels working with the DMA controller.

For reference, with using the 144pin LQFP144 I found setting I2S0 TX to master, with the RX and I2S1 to slave worked.

The main problem was the lack of support for I2S1 in lpc43xx_gdma.c ... This was easy to implement and I'll be more than happy to post the source here for anyone that finds themselves in the same boat.

Hopefully the powers to be will read this post and address the issue for the next release.

Regards, Neil