cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rated clock speed for single cycle flash access on LPC11E6x

Jump to solution
jamesl-dm
Contributor I

I'm using an LPC11E67JBD48, and can't find a specification for the flash access speed in either the datasheet or the user manual. After POR, the FLASHCFG->FLASHTIM register reads back as 0xC002, which does not match the user manual's register description.

The manual says that the lower two bits correspond to:

0x0 1 system clock flash access time.
0x1 2 system clocks flash access time.      (default - according to the manual)
0x2 Reserved.                                             (what my chip is actually reporting)
0x3 Reserved.

I've tried lowering the FLASHTIM register from 2 to 0, and this definitely results in a speed boost at 16 MHz, so the default value is more than 1 clock cycle.

So my question is, what is the maximum clock speed that I can use at each setting of FLASHTIM? I want to run the flash as fast as possible on my 16 MHz clock, without the risk of flash corruption at temperature / voltage extremes. Usually this information is available in the datasheet.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  jamesl-dm,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.

Please checking the Fig 1 which illustrates a variety of flash access time.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  jamesl-dm,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.

Please checking the Fig 1 which illustrates a variety of flash access time.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jamesl-dm
Contributor I

Thanks Jeremy! I guess the datasheets that ship with the Keil software pack are out of date... I should have realized and checked the website for an update.

0 Kudos