Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM VCOM not working with Windows Virtualbox on LPC134x

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mubes on Wed Jan 20 03:18:01 MST 2016
Hi Folks,

Bit of a strange one, and looking to see if anyone else has seen this.

I am running Virtualbox 5.0.10 on an OSX El Capitain host with Windows7 image.  My LPC1346-based board works perfectly well with OSX (Native), Windows7 (Native), Linux (Native) and Linux (Under Virtualbox) but doesn't work with Windows7 under virtualbox.

The device initialises, I can send my first data (serial) packet and I receive the first callback to my VCOM_bulk_in_hdlr...but after that the wheels seem to come off. No further data seems to reach the other end and I receive no further callbacks to VCOM_bulk_in_hdlr.  Even if I try to 'pace' data sends via USBD_API->hw->WriteEP those data still don't arrive at 'doze.

I don't _need_ this thing to work with VirtualBox, but I don't like leaving problems like this in a system, 'cos they have a habit of coming back and biting you later, so I just wondered if anyone had seen anything similar? 80% sure its not a problem on the MCU side, but I'd like to be 100%, or closer than 80%, at least.

Regards

DAVE
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mubes on Wed Jan 20 04:07:01 MST 2016
Hey, waddaya know....

Just after typing this I got a note about an upgrade to 10.0.14 of VirtualBox being available, so I downloaded and installed it.  One of the notes in the changelog is Improvements to USB Support under El Capitain.

....and now it all works.  Just got to remove a chunk of instrumentation from my code and I'm good to go :-)

Sorry for wasting electrons everyone!

DAVE
0 Kudos