cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using latest v1.05 lpc_dfusec tool in Windows XP

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gianlucarenzi on Wed Sep 05 03:00:02 MST 2012
Hello everybody out there!
I am trying to use lpc_dfusec tool v1.05 in Windows XP SP3 environment (both REAL and virtualized using virtualbox) with no luck at all.
I am using a custom made board based with a LPC1850 (LPC1850FET256 PFM006.04 ESD1148ZRY to be exact) with a Quad SPI Flash 8MB on board.
Under Linux OS, using the LPCXpresso and dfu-util and Code Red tools the flash programming is working good, but it is limited to download only 128K and it is very slooooww (it takes over 1.5 minutes to download 90K of code).
I would like to use the USB DFU boot option in mass-production using lpc_dfusec with algorithms for SPIFI Quad Flash and programming directly the FLASH via dfusec, because the application code can be as big as 6/7 Megabytes, as well as recovery option.
After installing .NET 4 from Microsoft website, then WinUSB Library and then the LPC DFUSEC tool, when I start lpc_dfusec.exe it gives me error both in HDR/RAW mode and in Program mode.

In HDR/RAW mode, after creating the .hdr file, the log window tells me:

RAW/HDR mode: starting download of image.
Error download image to board.

In Programming mode, there is another error:
** Attempting to process programming step 0 **
Download complete.
Waiting up to 4s for device detection after initial download
Device detected. Starting programming API
Unexpected state waiting for DFU_OPSTS_SENDSZ (6)
Error during programming cycle...

and it stops.

The options in the Programming Mode page are:

Algo: dfusecp_spiflash_18xx43xx.bin.hdr (from LPC DFUSEC installation)
File: mybinary.bin
Address: 0x14000000 (as the SPIFI Flash resides @ that address)
Size: 0x20000 (as the file is less than 128k)
Param: empty

Erase Region before programming CHECKED

HostSt: Error: unknown programming error
BoardSt: Error: programming address illegal

Any hint, help or clue from Forum Gurus???

Best Regards,
Gianluca
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gianlucarenzi on Fri Sep 21 04:12:38 MST 2012
Thank you wellsk!
Changing the address to the mapped @ 0x80000000 it works! Now I have to check it with Win7 (may be some concerns about permissions...)

Best regards,
Gianluca
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Wed Sep 05 08:40:00 MST 2012
>RAW/HDR mode: starting download of image.
>Error download image to board.
I'm not sure what's happening here. This message usually occurs if the board didn't correctly load the message due to header formatting issues.

>Waiting up to 4s for device detection after initial download
>Device detected. Starting programming API
This is good and indicates the tool's communication is working and the programming algo was download and accepted.

>Unexpected state waiting for DFU_OPSTS_SENDSZ (6)
Error 6 is an illegal program address, see below..

>Address: 0x14000000 (as the SPIFI Flash resides @ that address)
>BoardSt: Error: programming address illegal
The SPI Flash devices are mapped to addresses 0x14000000 and 0x80000000. The SPIFI drivers/lib used as the basis for the dfusecp_spiflash_18xx43xx.bin.hdr programming file uses the address range starting at 0x80000000 for programming. You can still build your image for boot at address 0x14000000, but use 0x80000000 for the programming address with the DFU tool.

Program regions for internal FLASH and SPI FLASH are listed at http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/dfu-download-programming-utility-and-security-lpcdfusec-tool/...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gianlucarenzi on Wed Sep 05 05:52:11 MST 2012
Just another quick note:

Tried on Windows 7 Professional with no luck. It hangs in NO COMM Status after the first programming cycle.

Tried on Hitex LPC1850EVA-A4 and does not work either.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Gianluca
0 Kudos