cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso54618 SDK example USART issues

Jump to solution
bshannon1
Contributor II

I am having issues with the LPCXpresso54618 SDK example usart_interrupt. I am unable to receive or transmit any data through the Putty terminal. I doubled check that I configured the Putty terminal correctly. I tried running other usart examples but I still get the same issue. Also I am using the LPCXpresso54618 board. Any help would be appreciative.

Tags (1)
1 Solution
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

JP6 is a hardware jumper ... if you are using the on-board VCOM port (which you are I believe) then you need to ensure this jumper is NOT installed. Refer to the board user manual for more info. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
bshannon1
Contributor II

Thank you Brendon and XiangJun for your assistance. The JP6 hardware jumper was installed. Removing it solved my issue.IssueResolvedPic.jpg

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, I have tested on my LPC54618 board, I can see characters on the Putty tools.

I attach the configuration when you create a project, in the SDK Debug Console box, pls select Semihost instead of UART. Pls have a try.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
bshannon1
Contributor II

Thanks for your help with my issue. I followed your steps but I still have the same issues. The image below is my project settings.Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you see the virtual COM number which is enumerated by PC?

BR

XiangJun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
bshannon1
Contributor II

Yes. I also tried using the serial terminal in the IDE and I am still experiencing the same issues.Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you use the other serial tools to have a try instead of Putty tools?

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pastedImage_1.png

Pls try to configure the PTTY tools as above.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
bshannon1
Contributor II

This is what I have done so far. I reinstalled the IDE and the device drivers. So now the com port has changed from COM8 to COM3. I tried using TeraTerm's serial terminal but I am still experiencing the same issue. I followed your steps to configure the PTTY tool as shown in the picture. However, I am still experiencing the same issues.puttyconfig.jpgputtyconfig2.jpg

0 Kudos
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shannon,

Just wanted to check that you dont have JP6 installed? This jumper disables the on-board VCOM so an external serial to USB cable can be connected at P4 without causing contention.

Regards,

Brendon

0 Kudos
bshannon1
Contributor II

Thanks for your assistance with my issue. I don't believe that I installed JP6 but I am not 100% sure. I checked my files and could not find it. Are there any additional programs I need to install to get UART to work?

0 Kudos
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

JP6 is a hardware jumper ... if you are using the on-board VCOM port (which you are I believe) then you need to ensure this jumper is NOT installed. Refer to the board user manual for more info. 

0 Kudos