cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso51U68 Bootloader?

oscarniño
Contributor III

Hi

Is there any example about LPC51U68 bootloader?

Thanks

Best Regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Oscar Niño ,

LPC51U68's ROM have bootloader support update frimware through USB, UART, SPI, I2C, etc. Isn't that enough?

If you want to develop secondary bootloader, we don't have exact demo code for this chip. But you may refer to SBL on LPC11U68. As I know, there is an AN12037 about SBL based on USB on lpc11Uxx.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12037_LPC11U6x.zip 

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

oscarniño
Contributor III

Hi ZhangJennie

That's the question where can I found the examples? I have check SDK for LPCXpeesso51U68 and I couldn't found them, what's their names? Thank you.

Best Regards

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Oscar,

What sample code do you mean? LPCXpeesso51U68 SDK doesn't include boot demo.

ROM boot code is burned when it is out of factory. and the source code is not open to public.

The secondary bootloader source code is open to user. it is included in AN12037, you can download it from the link I posted above.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

oscarniño
Contributor III

Hi ZhangJennie

Maybe I'm confused, I think bootloader that you are talking about is for LPCXpresso51U68 board, but whats happend when microcontroller is used in my own board? Because this MCU is for remplace and Atmel MCU from a finished project and the only thing that is missing is the bootloader. Maybe I'm not getting it clear. Could you please give me an extended explanation?

Best Regards

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Oscar

I talked two types of bootloaders. both of them work for chip. the boot code is stored on chip ROM/Flash. For sure you can verify them on our LPCXpresso51U68 demo board. 

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:

0 Kudos

oscarniño
Contributor III

Hi ZhangJennie

Ok, so If I understood well, every chip(not just in evaluation board) has bootloader by factory. If it is correct how can I implement it? Is there an application note about it? Or where can I find information about it? For example: how to use I2C BL, how to use UART BL, etc. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, every chip has bootloader by factory. in order to use on chip bootloader, the chip must be in ISP mode.  you can read reference manual chapter 3 boot process.

FlashMagic is a good tool bootloader GUI. You can refer help manual of  Flash Magic - Welcome

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:

0 Kudos

PabloBaena
Contributor III

Hi Oscar,

You can refer to following link for the official bootloader's site, check "Documentation" section on top tabs.

MCU Bootloader | NXP 

Regards.

0 Kudos