Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen usbd_lib_composite example doesn't work properly on USB 3.0 port

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by AJochum on Mon Jan 12 12:18:51 MST 2015
Hello,

today I found out, that the usbd_lib_composite example doesn't work properly when I connect the LPC1769 development board with a USB 3.0 port, on USB 2.0 port everything works fine.
The problem here is, when I connect to the virtual com port I can send one string of any length to the LPC board and that'll will be echoed correctly. The following strings won't be echoed anymore.
The VCOM_bulk_in_hdlr handler won't be called anymore now, no matter what I do, the board itself still receives strings/messages and VCOM_bulk_out_hdlr is called.

Interestingly the usbd_lib_cdc and usbd_lib_cdc_uart examples work without any problems on the USB 3.0 port. Does anybody have an idea what's wrong with the composite device for USB 3.0 and can
maybe someone else with USB 3.0 port test if this is not only a problem on my notebooks USB  3.0 port?

-Edit:
I've tested this on Windows 8.1 with the latest firmware for my notebook.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by AJochum on Tue Jan 13 12:38:32 MST 2015
Hmpf ok so I can't do anything to get this working on my notebooks USB 3.0 port. There is no firmware/BIOS update for it..
Thank you for your information!

@jayudhandha I just used the LPCOpen example for the 1769 development board which you can get here:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc17xx-packages
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jayudhandha on Tue Jan 13 03:10:52 MST 2015
Hey i am interfacing USB with LPC 1769. Please send me your code so that i can do it. And which things i should not down in it.

Thank you in advance. :-)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Tue Jan 13 01:34:43 MST 2015
More likely to be a problem with your USB3 port. There have been lots of problems with USB3 ports from different vendors. We have tried many different PCs/USB3 ports and found that some work as expected and some don't. Often there is a motherboard update that can help, but sometimes you are just stuck with crappy hardware...

BTW: The example works on my USB3 port (Dell)
0 Kudos