LPCOpen - LPC176x board - the old Code Red Board - and availability of replacements

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen - LPC176x board - the old Code Red Board - and availability of replacements

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jeff Adams on Tue Feb 18 04:49:33 MST 2014
Hi Everyone,

thanks for the help with the uip problem.

I've realised I'm potentially in a 'bad place' with the age of my development board. I have old Code Red RDB1768V2R4 boards.

I've been trying to find the best way to get an Ethernet stack on my new project, and after a few searches and questions, it seems LPCOpen and its LwIP implementation seem the way to go.

(I have found some standalone ports of LwIP for the LPC176x, but I see a lot of forum traffic saying these don't work very well.)

However, I'm guessing the LPCOpen demonstration programs won't run on the old Code Red board.

So - is there a way to systematically port the LPCOpen demonstrations to run on the Code Red board?

The obvious solution seems to be to get hold of the 'new' LPCXpresso LPC1768 board (OM1300?), but according to the NXP website, there are only 6 of these available in the entire world. (Seems unlikely.)

I either need to get hold of a new board very quickly, or find a way to make the LCOpen examples work on the Code Red board.

Has anyone got any suggestions / hints / boards / information / pointers ?

Kind regards

Jeff Adams (UK)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jeff Adams on Tue Feb 18 10:07:38 MST 2014
Hi All,

Thanks for the support so far. I've got the Ethernet port working on the Code Red board now. All I had to do was fix the clock frequency constant, and it all kicked off.

ds - I have exactly the same board as you, I wonder why yours 'just worked' and mine didn't? Had you already sorted out the clock frequency constant? (const OscRateIn)

The RS232 port on the board I'm sure is UART0 (0x4000C000), but I can't get any of the printf based functions to write to it yet.

Other than that, it all seems to be happy, so thanks very much.

J
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by djseaton on Tue Feb 18 07:16:48 MST 2014
Jeff

I have the CodeRed RDB1768v2r3 Rev B1.  I have just placed the recently released LPCOpen v2.07 lwip_tcpecho_sa example on the board without apparent problems.  Dev system is CodeRed suite 5.

I am very early in the dev stage so problems may lie ahead, but it appears to be working fine. 

ds
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Tue Feb 18 05:07:53 MST 2014

Quote: Jeff Adams
Has anyone got any suggestions / hints / boards / information / pointers ?

A nice cheap board is the AOAA:

http://www.embeddedartists.com/products/app/aoa_kit.php
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Tue Feb 18 05:00:03 MST 2014
The whole point of LPCOpen is that it is meant to be easily ported across different boards. It says:

Quote:

The core library is divided up into three sections:
    Chip Driver Layer - Drivers that are tailored and optimized for a specific device or family
    Board Layer - Board specific functions and low level setup code
    Examples - Chip familiy specific examples for peripherals, interfaces, libraries, etc.

So you should just need to change the "Board layer" for your board.
0 Kudos