LPC8N04 Boot ROM Change 0.12 to 0.14

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC8N04 Boot ROM Change 0.12 to 0.14

harrysd
Contributor I

We have developed and manufactured a product based round the LPC8N04. The latest production batch fails to function, but do operate in debug. The processors on this batch appear to have a date code 832. There are no mention of changes on the official NXP LPC8N04 web site, but we have found a note on the Mouser website stating there has been a Boot ROM change from date code 824 to version 0.14.

We have developed the application in MCUXpresso v10.2.1. Please explicitly explain how to incorporate any changes required to the application code or MCUXpresso environment to cater for your change in Boot ROM.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harry Bach,

LPC8N04 have two bootloader versions, please check these details:

pastedImage_1.png

So, you can add the vector checksum on your project, it is in the vector table, 0x01c:

pastedImage_2.png

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

harrysd
Contributor I

Thanks for your response. It doesn't state how the checksum is calculated. I take it this is NXP specific.Screenshot_mcux_startup.png

Attached is a screen shot of my attempts to enter a correct checksum in the mcux_startup.c and also shows the values of the first four entries in the vector table (0x10001FF0, 0x1DD, 0x23E9, 0x23E9), can you give a specific value for the checksum from this information?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harry,

Please try 0XEFFF9661 as the checksum on your side.

More details, please check this link:

Creating an LPC valid image checksum directly in the image 

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

harrysd
Contributor I

Kerry Zhou,

Thats great. The boards now boot. Thanks.

It would be useful to put the Change Notice (Final Product Change Notification 201806003F01) on the NXP website and a migration document to include this information. I presume all demo boards were produced with boot ROM 0.12.

Regards, Harry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harry,

It's very good to hear you make it works.

Actually, the LPC8N04 manual already give the according description, this manual is core material to LPC chip.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

If you don't have any other question, please help me to mark the correct answer, just to close this question, thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos