Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC824 boot block (512 bytes from 0x0000 0000) was erased out of memory

Jump to solution
okuiyuichiro
Contributor I

Hello,

We are developing point-sensor control system by LPC824.

I have some troubles, which the 512 bytes boot block (from 0x0000 0000) have been once erased and cleared "FF" in allocation of excessive buffer area.

I can't cope with this problem because erasing boot block may be occurred not only in accidental memory shortage but also in other cases.

Maybe, 90% of RAM area may be already used.

We need to reduce the buffer area not to cause strange behavior.

However, I've seen this problem only once.

It can't be determined due to memory error.

I want to take measures by considering the cases of erasing boot blocks.

Or, tell us to duplicate this problem commonly.

Environment:

Microcomputer > LPC824M201JHI33

Board > original mounted board, which has LPC824, dac for controlling sensor, and voltage conversion circuits

JTAG > LPC-Link2 by LPCxpresso

Thanks,

OKUI Yuichiro

Labels (2)
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi OKUI Yuichiro,

Do you have any flash erase code in your project?

If the allocation of excessive buffer area happens, it may caused the PC pointer run to the abnormal area, when it runs to the flash erase function, it may caused the problems.

I think, at first, you need to keep your code run in the normal situation, not let the PC pointer run to the abnormal state.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
okuiyuichiro
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Certainly, our program include to erase flash area in order to change condition of control.

We can't avoid to omit this function, so we'll take measures so that the PC pointer doesn't run to the abnormal states.

Thanks,

OKUI Yuichiro

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi OKUI Yuichiro,

Do you have any flash erase code in your project?

If the allocation of excessive buffer area happens, it may caused the PC pointer run to the abnormal area, when it runs to the flash erase function, it may caused the problems.

I think, at first, you need to keep your code run in the normal situation, not let the PC pointer run to the abnormal state.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!