cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC824 - Make new project (CMSIS)

tyassin
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to use the LPC824 for a project.

I have tried to create a project in MCUXpresso, but apperently things seems a little different than with other MCUs I have used.

In the past I have worked with LPC1114/5 and LPC1769 and creating a project with these CMSIS_CORE_LPC17xx and CMSIS_CORE_LPC14xx.

When I try to make a new project for LPC824 with "New project->LPCOpen" I can import "CMSIS_CORE_LPC8xx", but it dont seem to be included in the project???

Doing the same for LPC1769 and there seem to be a always a choice to pick "CMSIS_CORE_LPC17xx"?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Thomas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello tyassin@live.com‌,

The LPC8xx and LPC54xxx family start implementing what we know as SDK, this is the newer version of LPCOpen and you can download it from here:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

This package has examples and all the drivers need it to start working in your application, the structure is a little different from the LPCOpen but is very intuitive and the examples give some advice, to install the SDK you only need to drag and drop to the following tab:

pastedImage_3.png

Let me know if this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

tyassin
Contributor I

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for the answer. 

Yes I understand now and tried it out. 

What I was initially looking for was the minimum necessary library to get me going. I found that in the LPCOpen archive contained the "lpc_chip_82x" which seems to be what I looked for. As an absolute minimum library to install?

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas,

As you mention, in the LPCOpen there's also the chip package and examples available, also as an alternative, there's the code bundle option that contains examples in bare-metal.

I didn't understand your last question, can you explain it in more detail?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

tyassin
Contributor I

Hi Alexis,

Yes what I tried to ask, was is the absolute minimum that is needed of library(s) to get you going?

That is the reason why I compared it with CMSIS, which seems to be a smaller software package.

In the LPCOpen there seems to be a lot more files/functions with wrappers around register command to make things easier.

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas,

If you want to have less amount of code the CodeBundles examples are in bare metal, you can find these codes in the same folder where the LPCOpen is located.

Also, you can use the SDK and only add the drivers that you would need.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

tyassin
Contributor I

Hi Alexis,

Yes I found the "lpc_chip_82x", this seems to have the least amount of "extra" code.

Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos