Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55s69 : USB1 as host ?

Jump to solution
trescurieux
Contributor III

Hello again

According to the user manual, both usb0 and usb1 can be usb host.

Usb0 works fine, but i'd like to try usb1 as host (the "HS" port near the debug port)

Is there an example project using USB1 as host ? They all seem to use USB 0 (?)

On the MCUXPresso LPC55s69 board  :

* From a hw point of view , is just switching the J6 jumper to HS enough (?) Are there limitation to use USB0/1 as host/device or can i use any roles on any ports ?

* From a sw point of view, what is the correct device driver to use USB1 as host ? IP3516HS ? KHCI ?

something else ?

Thank you

Tres

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @trescurieux,

Is there an example project using USB1 as host? They all seem to use USB 0 (?)

If you change in the usb_host_config.h, the USB_HOST_CONFIG_OHCI to 0 and USB_HOST_CONFIG_IP3516HS to 1, you should be able to use the HS USB.

From a hw point of view , is just switching the J6 jumper to HS enough (?) Are there limitations to use USB0/1 as host/device or can i use any roles on any ports?

There isn't a limitation about the rol but additional to the J6 you need to short J11 for USB1 or J12 for USB0 to enable the host power.

From a sw point of view, what is the correct device driver to use USB1 as host? IP3516HS ? KHCI ?

I will suggest to use the IP3516HS.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
trescurieux
Contributor III

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @trescurieux,

Is there an example project using USB1 as host? They all seem to use USB 0 (?)

If you change in the usb_host_config.h, the USB_HOST_CONFIG_OHCI to 0 and USB_HOST_CONFIG_IP3516HS to 1, you should be able to use the HS USB.

From a hw point of view , is just switching the J6 jumper to HS enough (?) Are there limitations to use USB0/1 as host/device or can i use any roles on any ports?

There isn't a limitation about the rol but additional to the J6 you need to short J11 for USB1 or J12 for USB0 to enable the host power.

From a sw point of view, what is the correct device driver to use USB1 as host? IP3516HS ? KHCI ?

I will suggest to use the IP3516HS.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos