LPC55S69 ROM bootloader hangs if Flash operations are interrupted

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69 ROM bootloader hangs if Flash operations are interrupted

awseiger
Contributor I

I have an LPC55S69 set up to boot a recovery SB2.1 image from SPI Flash. This recovery image is loaded into SRAM and executes, copying a fallback image from another location in SPI Flash to 0x0 in the internal flash. 

If I power-cycle the processor while my recovery image code is copying the fallback image to internal flash, the ROM bootloader does not enter SPI Flash Recovery mode or ISP Mode - it simply hangs until I pull ISP low. As soon as I pull ISP low, it begins SPI Flash Recovery as I would have expected it to do immediately upon power-up.

How can I fix this? I am trying to use the SPI Flash Recovery feature as a way to prevent in-field bricking during a power loss, and requiring the ISP pin to be pulled low to un-brick a device is not acceptable for our application.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

awseiger
Contributor I

Through other channels, I have arrived at this being an issue as well. Are there any work-arounds or planned fixes from NXP?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, we do not have information of any plans for fixing this issue in the future. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

"Unfortunately, we do not have information of any plans for fixing this issue in the future"

This is driving people like me away from designing in NXP parts.

Never taking time to fix known issues, and leaving people to stumble into the known issues after committing resources to a NXP part.  List the issues right in the datasheets as soon as they are found.

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I noticed in our ticket system that you have discovered errata ROM.5 that indicates that this is caused if an image is corrupted or with flash pages in an erased or unprogrammed state, the ROM fails to enter ISP mode. This also makes sense to me as the power loss may be corrupting the image you are loading so you enter the errata scenario.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos