Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S16 Bootloader wont start application

Jump to solution
craigr
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm looking to flash an LPC55S16 over SPI from another mcu. I've been following the "MCU Bootloader v2.5.0 Reference Manual" and can successfully send over an image (verified using logic analyzer on SPI lines). However, once this finishes, the app does not launch. The same app does launch when programmed over JLink.

The bootloader acknowledges each transfer in the data phase, acknowledges the reset command, and gives a generic response with kStatus_Success for both. It does not reset after the reset command, and does not launch. What can I do to launch the app after the flash completes?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
craigr
Contributor II

Yes the bootloader was in fact writing the program to the correct place in memory. Thanks for the suggestion to check that.

I was able to solve my problem--I was writing to a separate place in memory that was not 0x0 and so the program wouldn't start up as expected. The application was intended to work with a Dual Image bootloader like the one described in AN12327. Now that I have that cleared up, its working fine.

Thanks again,

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello craigr,

Please check the flash memory, whether program your image correctly, compare the image data  with flash data programed. 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
craigr
Contributor II

Yes the bootloader was in fact writing the program to the correct place in memory. Thanks for the suggestion to check that.

I was able to solve my problem--I was writing to a separate place in memory that was not 0x0 and so the program wouldn't start up as expected. The application was intended to work with a Dual Image bootloader like the one described in AN12327. Now that I have that cleared up, its working fine.

Thanks again,

Craig

0 Kudos