LPC5536 debugging UART

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC5536 debugging UART

djrmike
Contributor I

I'm using a custom LPC5536 board for implementing a simple UART based debugging monitor program.

I also downloaded the SDK_2.x_5536 and started with the 'Hello World' example with the UART routed to FC0 in the related eval board.

for my board the UART needs to be at FC7 due to the hardware layout.

I also found a post called 'Set up debug UART' which seems to be a similar issue however that doesn't help because there are many errors and warnings when trying to implement.
An Appnote describing how to do that would be very helpful.

I managed to set the UART easily to FC2 by changing the related constants in the sources without the config tool.

However when trying to change the UART to FC7 the TX(at pin65) is working but RX(at pin73) doesn't receive.

I checked the wiring but the pins at MCU pin73 and it's toggling with a GPIO test.

Are there any known issues with the involved drivers ?

Thanks for any help

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies

djrmike
Contributor I

thanks Alice, i'll check it.

Maybe there's a difference when starting a new project or modifying the 'hello world' project.

I've done the latter and get lots of warnings and errors when doing the steps shown in the video.

I'll try the variations at the weekend, so for now i've to do a different task.

But thanks a lot for your answer,
Mike

PS: when adding the debug console there is also a debug console lite, and the warning that any additional installations of these libraries should be done by people who know what they are doing. Where to get the Know-How ?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @djrmike 

There is a video about how to configure UART port as Printf, maybe you can not understand the voice of this video, just ignore.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV11i4y1r7Rr/  

BR

Alice

0 Kudos