cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54S018M USB1_LEDN not working

Jump to solution
belmontbob59
Contributor IV

UM11155 manual defines the below pins available for  USB1 HS Device function to indicate USB1 configured LED indicator

belmontbob59_0-1620405194643.png

Per manual:

belmontbob59_5-1620406552300.png

I configure PIO4_10 per below before initializing USB1 HS  Device function.

belmontbob59_1-1620405481424.png

Here is the wiring for the LED itself:

NXP LED.PNG

My board is communicating fine with the host via USB1 but the USB1_LEDN remains OFF, I can confirm  that the LED itself works because if I configure PIO4_10 as a GPIO and set the pin LOW then the LED turns ON.

What am I missing ? How should I configure PIO4_10 with Function 4 to get it to work with USB1 HS ? 

I tried switching form MODE_INACT to MODE_PULLDOWN and it did not work.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I copy the answer from the thread.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/USB-0-1-LEDN-LED-indicator-not-working/td-p/907458

After checking with the design team, they have confirmed that these pins have an optional configuration for USB led indicators, but were not implemented in the LPC54018M. This is the reason why they are not responsive when configuring them as the USB LED indicators.

In this case you will need to manually set the leds using GPIO in order to detech when a USB device is connected or disconnected in your application.

Best Regards,

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Bob

Pls enable the IOCON gated clock with the line before the IOCON_PinMuxSet().

CLOCK_EnableClock(kCLOCK_Iocon);

Pls have a try.

BR

Xiangjun rong

0 Kudos
belmontbob59
Contributor IV

My code already enables IOCON gated clock in pin_mux,c before setting the function for the pin. this is not the reason for failure. please advise.

0 Kudos
belmontbob59
Contributor IV

any help?

0 Kudos
belmontbob59
Contributor IV

any help?

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I copy the answer from the thread.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/USB-0-1-LEDN-LED-indicator-not-working/td-p/907458

After checking with the design team, they have confirmed that these pins have an optional configuration for USB led indicators, but were not implemented in the LPC54018M. This is the reason why they are not responsive when configuring them as the USB LED indicators.

In this case you will need to manually set the leds using GPIO in order to detech when a USB device is connected or disconnected in your application.

Best Regards,

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have not found out there is any register to enable the function.

I will ask AE team, and give you a reply after I get it.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos