LPC546XX OTG Examples?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC546XX OTG Examples?

hodged
Contributor I

I apologize if this has been answered. It so, I cannot find it. I am using an OM13098UL which has the LPC54628 processor. My customer has a need to use USB1 as a dual roll host and device.  I have exhaustively search the code examples from the latest SDK and although there are hints as OTG support I cannot find a formal API. Or at least one that jumps out at me. I am new to NXP SDK, but not new to embedded software. The SDK seems very well organized with fore thought with respect to ease of use. I would appreciate very much some pointers to code examples or documentation to get me started on the right path. Right now, I am floundering.

Darrell

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Darrell Hodge 

LPC546xx USB only supports Device and Host. It doesn't support OTG.

If USB OTG is necessary for you, I suggest you use MIMXRT or LPC43xx.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

hodged
Contributor I

Jennie:

Thank you for your prompt response. First let me say that I am not a USB expert! After looking at the schematics for LPC43xx and LPC546xx development boards I notice that both processors have a usb ID pin for detecting the presents of host-a and host-b signaling. Will OTG be supported in the future for

LPC546xx?

Thanks

Darrell

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Darrell,

>> Will OTG be supported in the future for LPC546xx?

No. No plan to support it on LPC546xx. The limitation is on HW but not SW. there is no OTG USB controller in this chip. see datasheet:

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos