cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54102 timer PWM

skanda19
Contributor III

Hello, 

I am currently working on trying to get an 2 PWM output signals with different frequency with the LPC54102. 

The SCT right now is able to output one signal, but I am trying to do the same with the CB32Tx peripheral. I couldn't get around any example codes on how to do it, I was wondering if you guys have any material I could use???? is this application achievable???? 

thanks, 

Ricardo B. 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls download SDK package from the website for LPC54102-EVK:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

and refer to PWM example based on CTimer.

xiangjun_rong_0-1694743006332.png

Hope it is helpful

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

skanda19
Contributor III

Hello Xiangjun, 

I was able to output the signals needed from the CB32T0 and CB32T1 (both 512Hz signals with 45% of duty cycle). 

At this time, I have one more question. I need to invert the signals between each other. While Timer0 is  outputting a high, I need Timer1 to output a low state. Is there a way to accomplish this????

thanks again. 

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding your question, it is impossible to generate a pair of  complementary PWM signals with CB32Tx, the PWM signal with  CB32Tx always outputs low at start, and outputs high when a match happens, furthermore, it  does not has the feature to invert the output signal.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

skanda19
Contributor III

what about the SCT ? is the SCT block capable ???

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Of course, the SCT module can generate pair of complementary PWM signals with/without dead time insertion.

Pls refer to section 9. PWM with deadtime in the AN11538.pdf

Hope it cab help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

skanda19
Contributor III

Thanks for your help, I was able to setup the sct to get the 2 complementary signals. 

thanks for your help Xiangjun!