cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4088 ETHERNET /w CMSIS MAC+PHY DRIVER

nyrhh007
Contributor I

Hello

my LPC board setup as an Ethernet transmitter is constantly sending out 0x55 (Ethernet preamble), I'm writing the frame to the transmit buffer using the in the CMSIS ethernet driver (see below). I observed this using Wireshark after capturing all traffic egressing from the Ethernet transmitter.

/* write frame to transmit buffer */
eth0_mac->SendFrame(ptr,64,ARM_ETH_MAC_EVENT_TX_FRAME);

The setup consists of x2 LPC4088 boards interconnected via ethernet cables. One set up as an Ethernet transmitter and the other as a receiver. I'm trying to establish only Layer-2 communication between the boards using CMSIS drivers PHY + MAC.

The transmitter seems to constantly send a stream 0x55 (ethernet preamble) every time the application makes a call to the above SendFrame function. This fills up the frame with 1370bytes of 0x55 only !!! The below register on both sides shows there is some communication. What would cause a constant stream of 0x55 to be transmitted?  any pointers please as to what might be happening???

Receiver Internal registers

MAC1 (crcen bit-4) = 00000003
MAC2 (crcen bit-4) = 000000B1
Receive Status register = 01C0055A <----bytes receieved (16-bits LSb)
Transmit Status register 0 = 00000000
Transmit Status register 1 = 00000000
COMMAND register = 00000643
STATUS register = 00000001

Transmitter Internal Registers

MAC1 (crcen bit-4) = 00000003
MAC2 (crcen bit-4) = 000000B1
Receive Status register = 00000000
Transmit Status register 0 = 0055A019
Transmit Status register 1 = 0000055A <----bytes transmitted  (16-bits LSb)
COMMAND register = 00000643
STATUS register = 00000001

3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nayyar Hakeem-Habeeb,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
It's a bit difficult to figure this issue out by just review the values of the registers.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer the attachment which describes how to test EMAC driver with raw packet frame format that is not related with any upper-layer.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nyrhh
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou‌ 

Thank you for your comments, could you please share the document you referred to again? I cannot seem to locate it on the thread.

Thank you

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nayyar Hakeem-Habeeb,

FYI.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos