LPC2368 Secondary bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC2368 Secondary bootloader

james_kent1
Contributor I

I'm working on writing a secondary bootloader for a product with an LPC2368 on it, i've previously written one for an LPC1758 with no issues, however i'm having difficulty getting the main application code to execute.

I had a look at the example from NXP: AN10744_ETHERNET_BOOTLOADER

Unlike in the LPC1758 there doesn't appear to be any setting up of the stacks etc, just defining  a function pointer at the address of the start of the main application code and calling it, however this doesn't appear to be working.

The main application is keil RTX based and I have found this mentioned in another post on community.arm.com

however when trying the suggested changes to the assembly defines I get:

LPC2300.s(806): error: A1898E: Target cannot be relocated. No suitable relocation exists for this instruction

I believe that the second application is starting but then hangs once the RTOS tries to start due to the SWI_Handler/other interrupts not being remapped. I believe this means that the interrupts that are defined for the bootloader are still being used by the application code, even though the application code should be remapping the interrupts itself.

How do I ensure this is set up correctly?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I did a project long time ago for a multi serial flasher GUI, no idea in which state it is. Check it out.

Main difference between the LPC2000 family and the LPC1700 family is the core: LPC2368 has an ARM7-TDMI and the LPC1758 has a Cortex-M3. There are some fundamental differences in the software setup.

Regards,

Bernhard.

0 Kudos