Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC_PWM not found

Jump to solution
thomasbrickell
Contributor II

Hi,

trying to compile a project that sets the PWM timer function but symbol is not defined. 

pastedImage_1.png

It seems that in chip_lpc175x_6x.h there is a LPC_PWM1_BASE is defined address but I cant' find any PWM structure despite it being listed in the LPC17xx user manual. All of the members of the LPC_PWM seem to be set are that of the PCLK_PWM1 but this is not defined either. All I can find searching the header files in lpc_chip_175x_6x Project is the PWM1 base address, MCPWM base address, and something worrying commented FIXME: PWM  drivers.!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
thomasbrickell
Contributor II

FIXED. Posted for documentation.

I have had a chance to have another look around.

I have used the latest lpc_open libs.

The version of the lpc open in the project I have is an older version of hte lpc open includes which has the LPC_PWM defined via the route below.

in

chip_lpc175x_6x.h

#define LPC_PWM1_BASE             0x40018000

and

#define LPC_PWM ((LPC_PWM_T *) LPC_PWM1_BASE)

and in 

pwm_17xx_40xx.h there is the definition of LPC_PWM_T 

but in the latest version of  chip_lpc175x_6x.h where in the old version (line 186)

#include "pwm_17xx_40xx.h"

we have instead

/* FIXME : PWM drivers */

So I stated a new work space and rather using the latest lpc_open download made sure  imported the old version in the project. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
thomasbrickell
Contributor II

FIXED. Posted for documentation.

I have had a chance to have another look around.

I have used the latest lpc_open libs.

The version of the lpc open in the project I have is an older version of hte lpc open includes which has the LPC_PWM defined via the route below.

in

chip_lpc175x_6x.h

#define LPC_PWM1_BASE             0x40018000

and

#define LPC_PWM ((LPC_PWM_T *) LPC_PWM1_BASE)

and in 

pwm_17xx_40xx.h there is the definition of LPC_PWM_T 

but in the latest version of  chip_lpc175x_6x.h where in the old version (line 186)

#include "pwm_17xx_40xx.h"

we have instead

/* FIXME : PWM drivers */

So I stated a new work space and rather using the latest lpc_open download made sure  imported the old version in the project. 

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Brickell,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answering your question, I'd like to know what the demo project you mentioned above come from.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thomasbrickell
Contributor II

Hi , thanks for the response,

It's not a demo project it's a project I have inherited from a another developer. It was initially developed on lpcxpresso from my understanding but I have moved it to mcuxpresso.
I am of course making the assumption here that the
#1. The project I have is complete as I have been assured and that LPC_PWM was not defined from the base address and the strut defined by the previous programmer.
#2. Because of #1 that the definition of LPC_PWM structure is supplid in the lpc open header files.
I have made this assumption because I have seen reference to the structure here.
And in other places. (Note I have tried the LPC_PWM1 as in example.)
Tommy
0 Kudos