cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC 4088 IAP Hardfaults

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Blackclaws on Tue Aug 04 09:00:22 MST 2015
I've been trying to use IAP commands on the LPC 4088 platform using the chip library. This so far results in a hard fault every single time.

Using the Chp_IAP_Compare command resulted in a hard fault with the program counter pointing to the start of the area to be compared.

Using the Chip_IAP_PreSectorForReadWrite command results in a jump to the vectors pointing to the usage fault handler.

Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Blackclaws on Wed Aug 05 01:57:16 MST 2015

Quote: DF9DQ
Make sure bit MATRIXARB.ROM_LAT is set, and PBOOST.Boost contains 3.

Thanks DF9DQ the MATRIXARB.ROM_LAT was indeed set to 0, after setting it to 1 everything works.

However I would consider this a major oversight in the user manual or in the example documentation as this is simply not stated anywhere and one would expect the examples to be run via LPCXpresso in debug mode in which case this example simply won't work. It might have to do with the fact that MATRIXARB is no longer part of the SYSCTL data structure on the LPC 4088 but resides in a different memory location and the chip code doesn't even use it at all. So maybe this is something that should be addressed in either the user manual for IAP or in the examples/lpcopen.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DF9DQ on Tue Aug 04 15:15:36 MST 2015
Make sure bit MATRIXARB.ROM_LAT is set, and PBOOST.Boost contains 3.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Blackclaws on Tue Aug 04 11:24:44 MST 2015
I presume you mean the flashiap example from the lpcopen package. I tried that one and it hardfaults at Chip_IAP_ReadPID().

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Tue Aug 04 11:05:58 MST 2015
Hi Blackclaws,
Did you try example from lpcopen?
https://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc40xx-packages
0 Kudos