cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with LPC45114J256: Autobaud Failed in UART Boot Mode

akshay_c_jain
Contributor I

Hi NXP Community,

I've encountered an issue with my LPC45114J256 module. Two days ago, I was able to successfully program it through ISP Tx Rx pins using UART Boot mode. I was performing UART transmission on the same Flex-com of ISP TX RX pins in Flash boot mode, and everything worked perfectly.

However, since yesterday, when I'm trying to program it using the same TX RX pins but as ISP functionality using flash magic (which has been working flawlessly from the start), I'm getting an "autobaud failed" error. I have attached an image for reference.
akshay_c_jain_0-1697518580499.png

Strangely, the program I loaded two days ago is still working fine in Flash boot mode, so it seems to be a specific issue with programming through ISP using UART Boot mode.
Below is the pin configuration for different boot modes.

akshay_c_jain_1-1697519350073.png

I have double-checked the hardware, and everything seems to be in order. I'm reaching out to the community for any suggestions or alternative ways to troubleshoot this problem. If anyone has experienced a similar issue or has any insights, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Akshay C Jain

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

akshay_c_jain
Contributor I

Hello XiangJun Rong,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have carefully reviewed the suggestions provided in the link you shared (https://forum.flashmagictool.com/index.php?topic=3628.0) regarding the auto-baud error message. All the potential causes mentioned have been checked, and everything seems to be in order.

However, Previous program which I've loded last time was supposed to transmit a packet of 12 bytes(12 char) for every 2m sec over Flexcom 0 (UART0) TX Pin & I'm still able to get it in Flash Boot mode. But when I'm trying to reprogram using ISP pins in UART Boot mode I'm getting error message & kindly let me know If there is issue with UART0 RX pin how to troubleshoot it.

Thank you,
Akshay C Jain

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls download SDK package from the link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

You can try to use the Hello_world example to test the uart0 port.

xiangjun_rong_0-1697611722312.png

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding the auto-baud error message, pls refer to the link for any possible causes:

https://forum.flashmagictool.com/index.php?topic=3628.0

I suppose that the pins of uart0 has issue. As a test, pls set the ISP mode to flash boot mode by pull-up the P0_31 pin during/after reset. Develop a project, which use uart0 to transmit/receive char, download the code with tools via SWD, check if it is okay.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos