How can I attach an I2C device to the Arduino bus on the LPCXpresso54628 board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I attach an I2C device to the Arduino bus on the LPCXpresso54628 board?

greg_smith
Contributor I

I am trying to use a different LCD screen with the development board.  This one use the standard 4 pin connector for its touch function (+X, +Y, -X, -Y), but I have an adapter which converts that to an I2C input.  I tried using the PMOD connector to attach it, but am running into conflicts with the Linkserver connection for the probe.  So, I would like to use Flexcomm3, which is (If I'm reading this correctly) part of the Arduino bus.  How can I use Flexcomm3 for this device?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Greg,

I recommend you to download the newest version of the SDK (2.4.1). Within the SDK you will find multiple examples of I2C applications. You can use this as a guide to see how to make all the configurations. For example, the project lpcxpresso54628_i2c_interrupt_b2b_transfer_master configures pins P1_17 and P1_18 to work in I2C master mode. These pins are from the Arduino shield, but they use Flexcomm8, is there any particular reason you want to use Flexcomm3? 

Link to download the SDK. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos