FreeRTOS Task List Debug Crash on EvBoard LPC54608

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS Task List Debug Crash on EvBoard LPC54608

nicolaskorten
Contributor I

I get this error while debugging a freertos project. Breakpoints are working well, but when I go to the FreeRTOS menu and click on any button (task list, queue list, timer list or heap usage) the debugger crashes as follows:

tasklist.png

I read this could be a power issue, but same happens when powered with a 1.5A supply.

I am using the LPC54608 evaluation board om13092 and the on board debugger on MCUXpresso.

Thank you for ideas!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi nicolaskorten,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

I was wondering if you can demonstrate the steps, then I can replicate the issue on my site.

It will help me to figure out the root cause of this issue.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nicolaskorten
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou‌, thank you for your reply!

I made a step by step guide to reproduce:

1- Create new TouchGFX project - leave it empty and generate code

project-touchgfx.png

2- Open the Touchgfx project in Mcuxpresso:

open-workspace-mcux.png

3- Run Debug 'application' from quick access menu:

3-dbg.png

4- Select the debug probe and click ok

4-select-debugger.png

5- Click run to jump over the first breakpoint and start the freertos tasks. Then suspend and goto FreeRTOS -> Task List. Get this error:

5-error.png

Versions Used:

MCUXpresso:

6-about-mcux.png

Freertos:

7-freertos-v.png

TouchGFX:

8-tgfx-about.png

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi nicolaskorten,

Thanks for your reply.

I will test on my board later and I'd highly recommend you to seek the help from the TouchGFX Help Center too.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

nicolaskorten
Contributor I

Thank you for your quick reply jeremyzhou‌! I posted the Issue on the TouchGFX Help Center too and will post an answer here if it is resolved overthere :smileyhappy: I'll wait for your comments too when you test it. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi nicolaskorten,

I'd already contacted with the AE team from TouchGFX, and they doesn't replicate the issue on the IAR IDE.

However I can't setup the NXP MCUXpresso by following the TouchGFX NXP LPC54608 Board Support Package - Installation V1.5.

After I edited the NXP_SDK_PATH and the TGFX_PATH, I compiled the application demo later, however some errors had been raised.

So I was wondering if you can share the sequence of setup the MCUXpresso.

1.jpg

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

nicolaskorten
Contributor I

Hello jeremyzhou‌, thank you for your reply. I also followed the instructions in "TouchGFX NXP LPC54608 Board Support Package - Installation V1.5" - so my .project file contains this:

[...]

<variable>
<name>NXP_SDK_PATH</name>
<value>file:/C:/Users/NK/mcuxpresso/SDKPackages/SDK_2.2_LPCXpresso54608</value>
</variable>
<variable>
<name>TGFX_PATH</name>
<value>file:/C:/touchgfx/4.8.0</value>
</variable>

[...]

I get the same error than you when I try to compile the Sprinklers demo. But after adjusting the SDK Path in the .project file in the sprinklers demo too, I get another error:

Texts/TypedTextDatabase.hpp: No such file or directory

ttdb.png

It is not so important for me that the demo does not compile... I'm still having the problem that I can't see the FreeRTOS tasks while debugging an application made with touchgfx designer, I get the debugger error I pasted in my earlier post.

Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos