次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Fail bootloader LPC1857

881件の閲覧回数
rubensjunior
Contributor IV

Dear friends,

I'm using a STM32F072 Discovery Kit board to write a firmware in .hex format on my project's board whose microcontroller is the LPC1857. After recording a few times (indefinite number of times) the microcontroller enters a condition in which it is no longer possible to update its firmware. The microcontroller continues to work with the last firmware written, but it does not allow new firmware to be written. Has any friend gone through a similar situation? Could you please suggest me a way out of this problem?

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
5 返答(返信)

834件の閲覧回数
rubensjunior
Contributor IV

Dears @frank_m  and @Alice_Yang , I checked that CRP is not enabled. Is there any way for me to erase the firmware that is recorded on this microcontroller and start the recording process again?

0 件の賞賛

813件の閲覧回数
frank_m
Senior Contributor III

Yes, you should be able to erase the device and re-flash it, as Alice_Yang suggested.

However, I would also check the project / linker settings of your firmware, especially the version that "killed" the bootloader.
Perhaps you accidentally overwrote the bootloader, or some critical parts of it.
Or parts of the application are located in the same sector(s) as bootloader code/data, which caused it to erase this sector. This should be apparent in the map file, and even in the *.HEX / *.S19 file.

My company uses custom bootloaders for all its ECU devices.
This BL resides in a separate sector the application never touches, and the BL contains code that checks the address of every *.S19 record it receives for flashing.

831件の閲覧回数
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @rubensjunior 

Enter ISP mode, then use Flash Magic full erase you chip, about enter ISP, you can refer to user manual for lpc1857 or below thread:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/lpcxpresso84...   

BR

Alice

869件の閲覧回数
frank_m
Senior Contributor III

> I'm using a STM32F072 Discovery Kit board to write a firmware in .hex format on my project's board whose microcontroller is the LPC1857.

I suppose the "STM32" part is not relevant here, and only works as "comunication device".

> After recording a few times (indefinite number of times) the microcontroller enters a condition in which it is no longer possible to update its firmware. The microcontroller continues to work with the last firmware written, but it does not allow new firmware to be written.

You might have activated the CRP feature, perhaps by accident.
I would check the LPC1857 datasheet in this regard, and compare with both the map file and the .HEX file if this is the case.

871件の閲覧回数
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @rubensjunior 

Please check whether the "second bootloader "( the code communicate with  STM32F072  ) still exist in lpc1857, and whether meet the condition about update firmware.

BR

Alice