Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example projects fail to build on Linux

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sjalloq on Thu Nov 10 14:33:43 MST 2011
Perhaps you guys should get round to trying to build the examples on Linux.  :-)

One difference between the two OS's is case sensitivity...

LPC17XX != LPC17xx
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Marco72 on Thu Nov 17 14:15:11 MST 2011
I agree with point (i) I had the same experience.

Marco
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Sat Nov 12 09:06:45 MST 2011
Thanks for your feedback. We are happy that you are able to now build in Linux.

In response to your two comments:

1. We updated the "Configure the Projects" section of the Build It page to include the path to the indexer. Thanks for the heads up.

2. There are two aspects with the compilation process that might answer your question. First, the source files for the different configurations are wrapped entirely in #ifdefs for their particular configuration. So even though they all get built, most of them are just empty C files and so should compile very quickly. This is done as an interim step along the way towards our goal of having a merged driver library. The next step for us is to extract all the common code (more than 70%) into a single set of files and merge the remaining chip specific code into another set of files.
The other aspect is the tool, which I have noticed will just recompile everything for no good reason that I can determine. We will be working with Code Red on this in the near future.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sjalloq on Sat Nov 12 05:12:33 MST 2011
Right, just downloaded 0.91 Beta and all is good.  Everything runs through fine.  Two further points/questions though:

(i) in your 'built it' guide you should put the menu path on how to get to the Indexer settings. I had to google it.  For anyone else wondering, Window ->Preferences ->C/C++ ->Indexer
(ii) regarding compilation, why does every configuration get built?  I assumed that setting the active build would mean only that config would get built.

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Fri Nov 11 20:51:52 MST 2011
There is a new release up that you can try out where we addressed your issues relating to Linux builds. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hahoangthach on Fri Nov 11 07:01:00 MST 2011
hey, why don't you create a new issue on the bug tracker regarding this
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sjalloq on Thu Nov 10 15:47:09 MST 2011
lpcUSBLib != lcpUSBlib
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Thu Nov 10 15:42:34 MST 2011
Yes we will eventually get around to this. However, if you get to it first we would appreciate a copy of your efforts and will happily fold them into the next release.

Thanks for your comments!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sjalloq on Thu Nov 10 15:00:51 MST 2011
lpc17xx.h != LPC17xx.h
0 Kudos