cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example Raw socket for MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0

Jump to solution
Rainbow73
Contributor III

Are there any examples that use raw sockets for the MCXpresso version (MCUXpresso IDE version v11.1.0 [Build 3209] [2019-12-12])?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rainbow73
Contributor III

I am modifying the functions found in the raw.c file
to do a custom development that I need.
Thanks for help

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
frank_m
Senior Contributor III

Is there nothing appropriate in the lwip example section ?

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi frank_meyer

What's the part number? Please let me know I will check.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
Rainbow73
Contributor III

Sorry!
I work with LPC54606,  MCXpresso (version MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0 [Build 3209] [2019-12-12])
and SDK 2.7.0 (2019-12-18).

In the "lwip_examples" section I don't find any raw socket examples.

Is that so or am I wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For LPC546xx, the only TCP/IP stack we have is SDK "lwip_examples". No Raw socket samples.

0 Kudos
frank_m
Senior Contributor III

Mine does not exactly contain raw socket examples either, to be honest. This might be a bit beyond the scope of normal SDK examples, I suppose.

I would try find a generic PC (Unix) example to port, there are plenty around. However, you need to check with the lwip implementation. The "lw" stands for "lightweight", so not the whole BSD socket stack is covered. 

0 Kudos
Rainbow73
Contributor III

Thanks for your answer.
I was hoping there were some examples on lwip just because I didn't want to pull in a standard linux raw socket.
If there were lwip functions to manage these sockets it was certainly better.

0 Kudos
frank_m
Senior Contributor III

Perhaps you find a raw-socket lwip example for another Cortex M MCU, the lwip calls are most probably the same. Because of peripheral and pin setup, I would still start with a SDK example for the specific processor. This saves a lot of time.

In my experience, there is very rarely the perfect example that fits your application exactly.

And be aware of limited resources of Cortex M devices in general. Ethernet can be demanding. A lot of IoT application fail in real-world environment, because they cannot deal with the average office network throughput.

0 Kudos
frank_m
Senior Contributor III

I'm having the OM13098 (LPCXpresso 54628) development board. The SDK package for this board contains several lwip examples. I didn't try them out myself, though.

I assume the OP's hardware features a ethernet port, so the appropriate SDKs will come with the lwip examples as well.

0 Kudos
Rainbow73
Contributor III

I am modifying the functions found in the raw.c file
to do a custom development that I need.
Thanks for help

0 Kudos