Damage?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damage?

DalS22
Contributor II

Hello , I was wondering if someone else is experincing the same issue i am having with the LPC4088FET208 board. I was developing a small project for an assignment , at the time I was using the Keil Uvision IDE version 5.36 , to be more specific. When i connected the board with the Micro usb cable and resetted the board with the onboard switch , all of sudden keil did not begin to communicate with the board correctly . I checked multiple times and i can confirm its not the issue with the IDE because previously it was working . I also noticed that the internal storage of the board which was normmally 8Mb is now 60Mb . Can somebody explain what happened and how i can repair it on my end. Could it be a firmware issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

> I checked multiple times and i can confirm its not the issue with the IDE because previously it was working .

This is not proof of anything.
Perhaps you have installed other software in the meantime, especially USB devices.
Assuming a Windows host OS, check the status in the device manager. Does the device(s) show up, and without issues/errors ?

> I also noticed that the internal storage of the board which was normmally 8Mb is now 60Mb

Sounds like a USB "combo" device, which registers as mass storage as well, and where you can "drop in" an application via file system copy.

> Could it be a firmware issue?

I suspect an issue with the firmware you flashed onto it. Probably crashes early on.
As suggested, try a mass erase of th target, and revert to an application you definitely know is working.

Most IDEs will set the initial breakpoint for debugging at main.
This does not work if there is an issue in the init code.
Change the initial breakpoint setting of your IDE to the reset vector, and step through the init code to main(), if necessary.

DalS22
Contributor II
thank you for your comment frank_meyer , i will do as you suggested and try to mass erase the target and write an application that is guaranteed to work , maybe it will work.
0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I do not know if your board is damaged or not.

Anyway, I suggest you enter ISP mode for LPC4088, then try to use the tools to erase all the flash and reprogram your application code to flash.

If you still can not communicate, pls check if the power supply is okay. If the power supply is okay, but you can not communicate, pls replace the lpc4088 with a new one.

BR

XiangJun Rong

Tags (1)

DalS22
Contributor II
i will try to erase all flash programs , thank you.
0 Kudos