Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU Programming Algorithm Development

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gregd on Thu Jan 31 09:26:12 MST 2013
I had previously modified the example internal ram DFU programming algorithm to support programming the external NOR flash on our LPC4350 based board.  It seems to work at least semi reliably with the original v1.05 release of lpc_dfusec.exe.  It seems to have problems however with the new v1.10 release of lpc_dfuutil.exe.  I saw information in the documentation of some changes and possible new commands supported.  Are there changes required in the programming algorithm to support the new version?  I looked at the lpc18xx-Examples-DFUSec.zip file but it appears to have not been updated.  Are there any new code examples available for use with the new v1.10 release?

Thanks,
Greg Dunn
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Thu Jan 31 09:53:00 MST 2013
The v1.10 release of the DFU Utility has an updated API that won’t work correctly with the older v1.05 programming algorithms.
The programming algorithms in the lpc18xx CMSIS package and linked from the LPCware download page only support the v1.05 tool.

You will need to port over your v1.05 version of the NOR programmer to the v1.10 version (it should be a very easy port).
The main difference between the v1.05 and the v1.10 programming algorithms is that you can now verify (readback) the entire image to the DFU Utility and have the host check it in full. You can also put DEBUGOUT/DEBUGSTR statements in your programming algorithm and they will appear in the Program Log window in the PC host tool itself (previously you needed to route via a UART).

The updated programming algorithms you need to port over to v1.10 -should- be available tomorrow in an updated v1.00 release of the LPCOpen package.
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-platform
0 Kudos