Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling source for LPC1837 Explorer

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tvink on Fri Jan 02 14:57:59 MST 2015
Hi,

Received my LPC1837 Explorer today and am having trouble compiling the demo sources.

I set up a new workspace and perform the steps listed in the users guide for LPCXpresso v6 ( I have v7.5.0 ).  When I build all, I get a yellow warning stating "Invalid project path: Referenced project is not accessible".
There appears to be no additional info to go on.  I have experimented for a couple of hours but have succeed only in making it worse.  The error is only on the
project: ngx_xplorer_1830_lpcusblib_DualDeviceAudioMSC.  The other two projects appear to compile OK.  I am guessing that the error is more serious than a simple warning so I want to get to the bottom of this.

I am thinking that the import process must be slightly different for the new version of LPCXpresso but I have not been able to guess how.

My installation of LPCXpresso is pretty vanilla, newly installed before the holidays.

Thanks,
Tony
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rakeshk on Fri Jul 03 00:05:00 MST 2015

I am able to do that now... :)

I have created work space in root directory and copied the USB demo code also in same root directory.
If you import the code after this it will work...

Thanks
Rakesh k
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rakeshk on Thu Jul 02 21:35:15 MST 2015
Hi,

Even I am facing the same problem.. Spent few hours to solve it, but i couldn't solve.

Did you get any solution for this, if yes pls share.

Thanks
Rakesh
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tvink on Tue Jan 06 12:11:37 MST 2015
The following are the two elements with the warnings in the project that came with the board...

(1)
ngx_xplorer_1830_lpcusblib_DualDeviceAudioMSC->Paths and Symbols->Libraries

lpc18xx_ngx_xplorer_1830_board_lib
ngx_xplorer_1830_usblib_hostdevice

(2)
ngx_xplorer_1830_lpcusblib_DualDeviceAudioMSC->Paths and Symbols->Libraries->Library Paths

../../ngx_xplorer_1830/ngx_xplorer_1830_board_lib/Debug
../../ngx_xplorer_1830/ngx_xplorer_1830_usblib_hostdevice/Debug

Please indicate what they should be so that there will not be a warning.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tvink on Mon Jan 05 08:05:37 MST 2015
I was not sure if I understood what the Quickstart wanted for the source directory so I went back and selected the following...  but first I created a directory in the root of my drive E.  Got rid of some directory depth and special characters in the directory name.    I now have E:\LPC1837\DemoSource for the unziped demo code and  E:\LPC1837\WS for my workspace.

This is the root directory that I selected when importing.

E:\LPC1837\DemoSource\applications\lpc18xx_43xx\xpresso_projects

After importing, I select Project->buildall and get the same warning.

I notice that some of the images in the Quickstart PDF show warnings too.  ( but missing library looks too serious to ignore )

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tvink on Mon Jan 05 07:48:07 MST 2015
Hi again,

I tried following the Quickstart you suggested.  It appears to the the same procedure that I followed except they give a little more detail on selecting the source directory. 

I unzipped "USBDemos.zip" from the SD card and placed it in a directory I called "UnzippedDemo".  When I imported I selected the following location: E:\!Datexch\UnzippedDemo\applications\lpc18xx_43xx as the root directory.  The expected three projects imported.

I left the build configuration set to "debug" and built just project that I am having trouble with.  Same yellow warning.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tvink on Mon Jan 05 07:04:49 MST 2015
Looks like our postings crossed... I will look at your suggested link for V2.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tvink on Mon Jan 05 07:02:35 MST 2015
OK the link is the same as my SD contents so when I compiled, I get the same problem.

The link contains the source to the image that is installed on the Xplorer board.  Inside the link is a pdf file "LPC1837 explorer board".  On page 6 there are step by step instructions for building the demos / source.
When I follow these instructions, three projects are imported into my workspace.  The 2nd project which I will call "audioMSC" (for brevity) is where the problem occurs.

When I perform step 7 in the PDF,  "Build All",  a yellow warning indicator appears in the Project Explorer tab in LPCXpresso.
The problem "Invalid project path: Referenced project is not accessible." appears in the Problem tab in LPCXpresso.  There is no other info displayed.  If I expand the project in the Project Explorer tab, none of the sub objects have warnings or errors.

I right click on the audioMSC project and choose properties.
I expand the C/C++ General property.
I choose the Librarys tab,  There is a warning on each of the items in this tab.
I also choose Library Paths tab.  There is a warning on each of the items here too.

I have expanded all of the other properties for the audioMSC project and find no additional warnings.

It seems that the problem I am having should be fairly easy to tie down.  But all of the things I have tried so far changing the library properties have resulted in red errors.  So I am asking for help.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Jan 05 06:48:32 MST 2015
From a very quick look at this ZIP, this example bundle appears to be based on LPCOpen v1, not v2. This means that the way you need to load the projects into LPCXpresso is different. In the first place, please see:

http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/_q_u_i_c_k_s_t_a_r_t__l_p_c_o_p_e_n__t_o_o_l_c_h_a_i_n__x_p_r_...

You should also be aware, from what you say, that you have a board with an LPC1837 fitted, not the LPC1830 that these examples appear to have been produced for. ie you have a part with internal flash.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tvink on Mon Jan 05 06:32:05 MST 2015
Hi,

My copy came right from the SD card that shipped with my board.

I have also found the project on NXP. 
http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/MicroSD%20card.zip

I am going to try working with that to see if anything is different.
Will update this post either with good news or more detail about what is happening.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat Jan 03 03:29:54 MST 2015
Where did you download the examples from? Please post the link
0 Kudos