cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't load LPC802 SDK ADC demo code due to Flash memory overflow

MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I can't load LPC802 SDK ADC demo code due to Flash memory overflow. That is the message displayed after code building:

pastedImage_1.png

If I set Build Configuration to Release, I can load it, but I can't debug the code.

Did anybody experience the same?

Thanks and best regards,

Marco Coelho

DFAE - Siletec Eletronica

Labels (1)
4 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco Aurelio P. Coelho ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
I can do it( Figure 1), the ADC demo can work with OM40000 board and MCUXpresso version is MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0.
pastedImage_1.png
Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Dear jeremyzhou,

Well, that's intriguing to say the least!

How to explain that the same demo project causes memory overflow on my side and it doesn't on yours?

Have you set code size optimization?

My MCUXpresso version is 10.1.0, but that shouldn't cause such a issue.

I will install MCUXpresso v. 10.2.0 and try again.

Best regards,

Marco Coelho

DFAE - Siletec Eletronica

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco Aurelio P. Coelho,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, it's interesting, I didn't do some optimization setting.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello, jeremyzhou

I just made a test in MCUXpresso v. 10.2.0 and the Flash memory overflow error went away! Incredible!

Well, I hope there is a patch or service pack in development to fix this problem in MCUXpresso v. 10.1.0. But, for me, I will use the most up-to-date version and it is all right!

Thanks and have a great day!

Marco Coelho  

0 Kudos